Preparing for Your Future: An Interview with Norwich Pro Graduate, Matthew Bambrick

Norwich Pro

July 8, 2020

Are you ready to take the next step in your professional career but lack in-depth training? Learn how a certificate from Norwich Pro can give you the confidence and skills you need to distinguish yourself from the competition.

We talked with Matthew Bambrick, a two-time Norwich University alum and recent Norwich Pro graduate with a certificate in Corporate Compliance and Investigations, about his experience with Norwich Pro.

Q: What did you like best about the Corporate Compliance and Investigations certificate program?

Matthew: The best part of this program is that it's unique. I'm learning something that nobody else is learning right now. No other institution is offering this type of experience with this subject matter, which speaks volumes. I'm glad I had the opportunity to get this valuable in-depth training in my field.

I was also impressed by the fact that attending a Norwich Pro program wasn't a full-on, long-term academic commitment. In a typical Norwich University master's degree program, each class is 11 weeks long. I liked that the Norwich Pro certificate program required only four classes, and each class was four weeks long. It was extremely manageable for me to accomplish on my own time.

Q: Describe your interpersonal experiences with Norwich Pro.

M: The support system of staff and instructors within Norwich University as well as within the Norwich Pro program were, in my personal opinion, second to none at any other University I've encountered. While researching the program, I was interested to learn the content, but I was extremely excited about the instructor. The Corporate Compliance and Investigations program was led by Mr. Larry Potts, who is a former deputy director of the FBI—that's the number two guy in all of the FBI!

During my research, I came in asking a million questions, and the Norwich Pro staff were amazing. They were very accommodating as they shared information and answered all of my questions. And I didn't have to wait for weeks to get this information. I always received a very timely response from the University. If you're considering enrolling, know that the staff will get back to you, and they will help you make an informed decision. While Norwich Pro offers a variety of certificates, it's all run by the same office with phenomenally helpful staff.

Matthew Quote for Blog

Q: What did you get out of participating in the program?

M: Norwich University is truly amazing! I love the institution and everything it stands for. It has helped me tremendously. The support at Norwich University has been phenomenal. You're not just a number at Norwich, it's a relatively small school, and they know you by name. Norwich really is a family—if you're a parent, an alum, a current student, a CGCS student, or a certificate graduate, you are considered a part of the Norwich family.

When it comes to the coursework, the Corporate Compliance and Investigations program through Norwich Pro expanded my horizons tremendously. The mix of courses made me think of things that I had never thought of or considered before, which just blew me away.

Q: How was the online learning experience?

M: I come from a background of online learning, with all of my degrees (bachelor's to master's) earned online. When you approach an online learning environment, there are two critical skills you need to be successful; one of them is time management, and the other one is personal self-discipline. Norwich has built a great support system to ensure that your experience is a success, and they will never let you fail.  When classes begin, they lay out everything you need to know week to week. There are no surprises, so you can hit the ground running.

Q: How did the Norwich Pro program help you transition from the military into a civilian role?

M: If you're currently serving in our nation's armed forces in any capacity, this program is going to help you within the military and in your new careers outside of the military. I believe that anyone currently involved with Security and Compliance in any capacity should take this course. You will learn from the best. Period. I can assure you that the relatively low price of this course is well worth the investment, not only in your military career but in whatever career you pursue afterward.

How has this program helped set you up for future success?

M: I believe that this program has tremendously expanded my growth opportunities because I now have expanded my knowledge and experience. After completing this certificate program, I know how to do compliance and investigations correctly. I am excited to have the opportunity to demonstrate my skills in interviews and new roles with future employers.

This program gave me the confidence to know that I'm at a higher level than other job candidates. I can now say, "if you want to do corporate compliance and investigations the right way, the correct way, then I'm your candidate, period." Being able to say this sets me apart. My certificate shows that I have gone above and beyond to demonstrate my competence in corporate compliance and investigations.

Adrienne Blog_CTA

Get news from Norwich Pro sent to your inbox.

Why should you invest in a professional credential?

One of the best ways to continue to develop professionally is through specialized certificates geared toward working adults.

DOWNLOAD PDF

Learn more about Norwich Pro Certificate programs

LEARN MORE

RELATED BLOG POSTS

Learn more about continuing education from our subject matter experts.

From Military to Civilian Life: An...

Norwich Pro

July 10, 2020

Design Thinking Resources for Project Managers

Evolve or be Disrupted

Learn More >

Experience Norwich Pro: An Interview...

Norwich Pro

July 8, 2020

Evolve or be Disrupted

Learn More >